We use information about you to:
- Provide you with the Services;
- Develop new services;
- Help protect the safety of TEQNIX and our users, which includes blocking suspected activities and enforcing the TEQNIX User Agreement and our other policies;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, invoices, and other support and administrative messages;
- Provide customer service;
- Whether you have consented, communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events, and provide other news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to opt out of these communications, see “Your Choices” below);
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
All the information collected or discovered by our Services are gathered from the Internet, therefore, public in nature. While we do not share or make public any of the information your account holds, the same information could be retrievied by any other entity by using similar techniques.
Information you provided us or collected via our Services are not shared with third-party services.
Our Services are carry out in Amazon AWS cloud platforms and information are stored within Amazon cloud infrastructure.
We take measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We use HTTPS while information is being transmitted. We also enforce technical and administrative access controls to limit which of our employees have access to personal information.
You can help maintain the security of your account by configuring two-factor authentication.
We store the information we collect for as long as it is necessary for the purpose(s) of carry out the Services. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
You have choices about how to protect and limit the collection, use, and sharing of information about you when you use the Services.
We are based in Australia and we process and store information on servers located in Australia and United States. We may store information on servers and equipment in other countries depending on a variety of factors, including the locations of our users and service providers. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to Australia, U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights as you do under local law.Complaints
Please direct any enquiries or complaints regarding our compliance using the "Contact Us" section below.
Users in the European Economic Area have the right to request access to, rectification of, or
erasure of their personal data; to data portability in certain circumstances; to request
restriction of processing; to object to processing; and to withdraw consent for processing
where they have previously provided consent. These rights can be exercised using the
information provided under "Your Choices" above or by requesting the account to be removed, see "Contact Us".
EEA users also have the right to lodge a
complaint with their local supervisory authority.
As required by applicable law, we collect and process information about individuals in the EEA only where we have a legal basis for doing so. Our legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. We process your information on the following legal bases:
- You have consented for us to do so for a specific purpose;
- We need to process the information to provide you the Services, including to operate the Services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as preventing fraud, ensuring network and information security, enforcing our rules and policies, protecting our legal rights and interests, research and development, personalizing the Services, and marketing and promoting the Services; or
- We need to process your information to comply with our legal obligations.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to provide California
residents with some additional information about the categories of personal information we
collect and share, where we get that personal information, and how and why we use
We collect the following categories of personal information from California residents, depending on the Services used:
- Identifiers, like your email address, name and IP address and browser ID.
- Commercial information for the purpose of invocing.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as information about your activity on our Services.
- Geolocation information based on your IP address for providing faster access to our Services.
You can find more information about (a) what we collect and sources of that information, (b)
the business and commercial purposes for collecting that information, and (c) the categories
of third parties with whom we share that information in the "What We Collect and How it is
Used and Shared" section above.
If you are a California resident, you have additional rights under the CCPA, including the right to request access to or deletion of your personal information, and information about our data practices, as well as the right not to be discriminated against for exercising your privacy rights. These rights can be exercised as described "Your Choices" section above.
Children under the age of 13 are not allowed to create an account or otherwise use the Services as per Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Rule (COPPA Rule). Additionally, if you are in the EEA, you must be over the age required by the laws of your country to create an account or otherwise use the Services, or we need to have obtained verifiable consent from your parent or legal guardian.